Wednesday 5 April 2017

PARTNERS SEARCH

Hello, hello, how are you today?
Here I am again with a new challenge: searching for partners. If you have read my latest posts with my Prototype of my Open Educational Digital Project and my Visual Metaphor, you will have an idea of my project, now, it’s time to look for partners.


Before deciding on a collaborative movement I've been looking at different projects, this has allowed me to have a general idea of what was being said in each of them before making a decision. Between the collaborative movements that I was browsing I have found some interesting projects as The ESL Times, The Twima Project or InfoEDUgrafias, but finally, I have decided that the most interesting collaborative movement for me was Tertulias con sabor a chocolate.

There are so many reasons why I have chosen this collaborative movement but, I’m going to summarize the main ones: 

  • Collective blog of enthusiastic teachers who encourage the participation of an educational community open to society.
  • Collaborative blog that works with TIC and with all the possibilities that these offer.
  • Project that aims to encourage dialogue among all members of the educational community to reflect, grow and introduce improvements and new projects.
  • They work with the tool Blogger to inform about their daily news. 
  • Encourage all types of expression: oral, written, artistic…
  • Develop a Cooperative and Collaborative Culture between teachers and students from different parts of the world, through the network.



Once I have decided in what collaborative movements I want to participate, I would have to do an elevator pitch, and you will be wondering, what is an elevator pitch? Well, it’s very easy. You have 20 seconds to explain your open educational digital project. 20 seconds? YES, so you have to choose what is the most relevant information that you want to say. 

First of all, you have to start with a catchy sentence, something that when people hear it, they want to hear something more. Then, you have to explain the problem and what solution you are to going to introduce. To end, prepare an attractive farewell. 

When you have finished the record of your elevator pitch (you can do it with your mobile phone, as I did), you have to upload to an online video tool. In my case, I have used WeVideo but, there are other resources as MovieMaker that you can find in almost all the Window’s computers. 

Finally, when you have your video finish, you can use the tool YouTube to upload to the net and embed to your blog. Or, if you prefer, you can embed your video directly for the tool WeVideo.  

Here I leave my elevator pitch. 



Everytime that I start a new challenge I meet a new useful tool for my future job, what an amazing discovery of WeVideo. Do not hesitate to use this application!

Before finishing my post I would be delighted to tell you how I found this new activity. This activity has allowed me to read the work of others, how they use their blog, how they manage them, every few they upload a post and so on.

I thought that the page “Tertulias con sabor a chocolate” is perfectly designed, where different posts come up each day talking about current issues. They talk about chats they do from time to time, such as women and the field of research. I'm very grateful to have been able to read their work. 

As I said before, I'm delighted with the online video tool WeVideo and very surprised with the lots of utilities that YouTube has and I've never imagine. 

It's time to finish my post. 

I hope you have faded.

SEE YOU SOON :) 

2 comments:

  1. I really love your elevator pitch! I think you explain all your Project in a good way!

    ReplyDelete